Sunday, June 26, 2011

Embrace Adventure

So you know those Road ID things? I got one a few months ago for Cross Country, and when I was typing in what to put on it, the website suggested that I put a quote at the bottom. I ended up putting "Embrace Adventure" as my quote. I think it applies here, and not just for running. This is certainly an adventure (at least by Dad's definition). I'm doing my best to enjoy the exciting unexpectedness (that's a word, right?) of it all. The whole bit about landing in Denver and sleeping in a Holiday Inn. (I could see the lightning from the plane, and I'm certainly grateful we weren't flying into it, as cool as it looked.) It's 7:20 (local time) and everyone else is having breakfast (I was up early this morning, so I've already eaten). Half the group wanted to eat at the airport, so they left on the first shuttle, and I'm just waiting for the second one. Just gotta embrace the adventure.

-Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment